Friday, August 10, 2012

"Houston we have a problem"

I have been neglectful of my blog lately either because I feel too good or I feel too bad. When I feel great I run, play with kids and visit friends and getting on here is the last thing on my mind. When I feel terrible, getting on here is the first thing on my mind, but I can't manage to make my body do it. I have so many things to say and yet no desire to take the time...I just have to wait till that moment hits me where I want to spill it all. I know now why some people have days to blog like only on Wednesday, or every other day. It's a big commitment weather you have 3 followers or 3 thousand. To get your thoughts down, share information, links, pictures..whew. My mind is scrambled just thinking about it. I got a little recognition recently, not a Pulitzer, but it rejuvenated me! For a while now, although therapeutic, I feel what's the point of doing this? No one is looking. No one cares. I am wasting my time. But I am not. I will continue to TRY to reach people.  Healthline put me on their list of best blogs about Fibro (THANK YOU!!!) and I thought, "Oh jeez, I better get in there!" So here's my update:
My most recent experience is one that has really made me realize that I am one of those people who can greatly benefit from change of diet and exercise. I have spent about 3 weeks with no supplements, instead of working out every day it's been 2 times a week, and I slacked on my diet. I had a few mixed drinks on vacation, plus a lot of restaurant food, and some coffee (UGH THE WORST! Why right?) I had more junk during pms (which I can never fully fend off) but his time it was excessive, a few more beers at a cookout, then out for ice cream 3 times in a week,  And I  NEVER eat ice cream.  I had more artificial ingredients over the course of 3 weeks than I have had in a year! Now, that being said, we also had quite a few consecutive hot days and the humidity levels were also high. Again, usually this doesn't bother me. I tolerate heat a lot better than cold. But all these factors combined LAYED ME OUT! I was lethargic, depressed, really unmotivated to even play with my kids, unable to fall asleep, headaches, back aches, short of breath, night time leg pain worsened, my memory and patience..well lets just say I had none! And that's saying a lot! It all caught up with me OF COURSE! I finally fell completely on my face Thursday night around 6. I could not stand, talk, think..I was just a life size cardboard cut out of myself. I crawled up the stairs got in my bed and died!. My middle daughter came in talk to me and I didn't know what day it was, what time it was, or remember much of what she said. I was having hot flashes, and wishing I could somehow just get up," just please get up"! I may have even said it out loud?! But I could barely manage to roll over. Thankfully hubby took over the rest of the night. "Houston, we have a problem".  So for me I have some definitive proof, and anyone else that has been through this, or anything similar, knows..they are all connected!. You cant just eat right and leave everything else as it was. Even if you exercise but eat terrible, you are doing a great disservice to you health.  You have to attack on all fronts. CLEAN diet, positive attitude, exercise, sleep, drink water and either meds or supplements, whichever you may choose. I am always defending my choice to pay a little extra for grass fed organic beef, or why I spend a whole day cooking things from scratch..and although I get weary of explaining the benefits of healthy eating, I realize it is an opportunity for me to educate people on the benefits. ESPECIALLY people with health/disability issues. Your health depends on it people!.
So I have tightened the reigns once again, I have my supplements, started Yoga For the Warrior and I am back on track. I have signed up for another Warrior Dash and an Adventure 5K with WickedMuddy.com and still trying to talk some friends into one more. That will be 5 runs for the summer, plus the annualy 5K for Special Olympics in October. I think I'm doing ok for STILL needing another 15 pounds to lose. But Im not complaining about the 21 lost so far! Have a great pain free weekend everyone!
                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment